Armory gave a presentation about Proof-of-Payment at the MIT Bitcoin Expo and challenged the attendees to come up with a creative and fun application to demonstrate Proof-of-Payment (PoP). Please do not submit projects that you are already working on.
2 BTC will be paid to an application with these requirements
- Verify Payment on the Bitcoin Mainnet Blockchain
- Accept payment for 5 millibits
- Accept a request message if and only if it is signed by the private key that paid the fee
- Payment expires after 1 year
- If no valid payment is found, show the QR code to pay
- Verify that payment address has at least .1 millibits
- Submit your program to [email protected] by May 1st
- A casual game
- 3D printing service
- Singing telegram service
- Joke of the day
While this contest is intended for the attendees of the MIT Bitcoin Expo, anyone is eligible to compete.
Here are some helpful resources:
- Block Chain Info (https://blockchain.info)
- BitcoinJ (http://bitcoinj.github.io)
- Peter Todd’s – python-bitcoinlib (https://github.com/petertodd/python-bitcoinlib)
An example implementation of proof of payment is on this branch of Armory:
In this branch move RobotLVP.py from samplemodules to a new directory called modules. Then build from source (https://bitcoinarmory.com/building-from-source/) and run on testnet.
To see the entire Proof-of-Payment presentation, you can find it here starting at 5:03:15
Here are the slides from the MIT Bitcoin Expo presentation: